Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Finished for Christmas??

That would be no. A big fat fail!!! I really am not going to bore you with all the details, just know it involves snow and various other excuses.
But I do have some pictures for you.
The shower room is tiled. Still some grouting to be done, but at least the shower can go in and the door can go on.


The ensuite floor has been laid but there is still a lot of tiling to be done in here. Loo is in, the cistern needs boxing in.




The redecoration of the hall, stairs and landings is about 75% there. We still need to paint some walls that were trashed by the builders, but the stair carpets are being relaid tomorrow. So we will be covering them up to paint over the holidays.




Since I had a whopping 0 comments to the last post I thought I would ask you a question. In the ensuite, I had intended to install a mirrored cabinet with a light inside it (sounds a bit horrid, but it was very nice). I hadn't accounted for the slope of the roof, so it is a no go. But I still have a wire hanging out of the wall and a switch. So I am planning on tiling in the marble up to the line marked on the wall. The area above the tile will be a mirror cut to fit to the ceiling. But I am not sure if I should mount a light onto the mirror as the electric is there? I also am out of ideas, what light would you use? Any ideas?? This is the space and the wire. There will be a prize for the person who suggests the light that I select. Answers on a postcard, or just in the comments section below!! ;-)





3 comments:

  1. How about you cut the mirror smaller to fit under the slope, then wire in a pair of downlights over the mirror for the sink? You will end up with a pool of light over the sink and a cool reflection of the light in the mirror! http://www.homesandgardens.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=913

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tiles of the bathroom floor! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, thanks for the suggestion MangoFrog. I like the idea of a downlighter and have spotted a couple in Habitat that I quite like. Lovely pic that you linked to.
    xx
    AO

    ReplyDelete