So before Christmas the tiler was about half way through the tiling before he downed tools and went off for 2 and a half weeks. To say that the tiler was a complete knob would be an understatement, he worked half days in the run up to his holiday, he easily could have finished prior to going off, but couldn't be arsed. I won't bore you with the details, but he was a lazy f*ck, but quite good at tiling. I worked out that he was here for 15 working days, not one of them a full day, so I was very glad to say goodbye to him last week. However, I do have 2 tiled showers and 3 floors to show you!!
Still to do in the ensuite:
- Box in cistern (guy coming on Wed this week to start)
- Measure up for glass screen to go in channel between sink and shower and for mirror panel for above sink and get them fit.
- Buy light for above sink (thank you for your suggestion MangoFrog, I have got a little present for you for making a suggestion, please leave me your email address in the comments section and I will arrange to get it to you!)
- Buy some storage for all our toiletries and something for bottles in the shower.
And then on to the bedroom. This room as become a bit of a workroom for all the rest of the work that has been going on upstairs. While it is almost fully decorated, there are a few tricky bits that Mr SLS and I haven't been bothered to get on with....Current state of play:
OMG, what an unholy mess. To do in here:
- Clear out crap
- Finish painting skirtings, architrave and doors
- Attach skirtings and various bits of architrave
- Make a decision about flooring (more on this soon)
- Get flooring installed
- Blinds for windows
- Move all our stuff up
Gosh, this is making me feel quite sick.
Onwards and downwards, now to the shower room on the next landing. Current status:
- Get cistern boxed in (again, happening on Wed this week)
- Touch up paintwork
- Paint door and windowframes
- Get rid of that effing hideous doorknob
- Buy some accessories and storage
- Buy a blind
- Sort out small leak from shower door (Mr SLS went a bit nuts with the silicone, and put silicone down the inside of the shower frame, which is a mistake, as it is only supposed to be done from the outside, we now get a little river running out of the right hand side when the shower is on....
Hall Stairs and LandingsNot too bad actually. The bulk of the decorating has been done by Mr SLS and he has done a great job. Here is a little snippet:
- Paint Dado rail the whole way down (fun, fun, fun...)
- Paint landing outside of new shower room (we left this as we knew the tiler would trash it if we decorated it first
- Paint hall downstairs
- Take plastic off the stairs (we put some on when the tiler came back as he was up and down the stairs cutting tiles
- Put up artwork /mirrors
- Buy lights (I need 4 pendant lights for the landings)
Are you bored yet? I am. Finally, the little loo on the first landing:
To do in here:
- Touch up paintwork. Due to and unfortunate incident with some masking tape, a large amount of the paint along the top of the wall is peeling away ( I had the bright idea of taping off the white to get neat edges, and I have wound up a million miles from a neat edge. Sigh. )
- Paint sash window and door
- Replace door glass
- Mirror above sink
- Yet another cistern to be boxed in
- Make a blind
So, although we are 90% there, we have the last 10% to finish off, which as they say is always the worst. A lot of these to dos are a blog post in their own right, so I am going to leave you now to put my kids in the bath and cook some supper for Mr SLS. But I would LOVE to know what you think. Any kind words of encouragement??